Organic Coffee Tours in Cuzco – Peru
Fancy a cuppa? Have you ever wondered what its like to taste a wonderfully fresh organic coffee straight from the Peruvian rainforest? Well, Harry and I were lucky enough to experience it, as we ventured through the wild coffee growing region of tropical Peru. Thanks to Sumak Travel, and their partners in Cuzco, where we stayed for a few days, we learnt everything there is to know about the organic coffee farming industry. We had a fantastic time during their coffee tours and will never drink another Nescafe again!
Here are a few snapshots of our coffee adventure. We took off to the remote plantations and were briefed on the development process of the plant up to the point of recollection.
We then headed back to the main facilites where we learned about the production and varieties of plants, the geography of the area and the traditional ways of cultivating the grain.
The experience ended with an extremely rich and aromatic tasting as we listened to the history of the plantation, met the worker owners and exchanged a few laughs with them.
Don’t forget to check all the #AdventureLust posts, to see similar experiences in the rest of South America. If you are taking the Salkantay Trek with us, we offer a homestay experience at one of the organic coffee farms on the way to Machu Picchu. See our Inca Empire Adventure for more details. Then you can subscribe to our quarterly newsletter to make sure you never miss blog posts like this one in the future!
- Community-based tourism in the Colca Valley: Building together in Coporaque, Peru
- Homely homestays in Lake Titicaca – Peru
- An organic coffee tour at Finca Rosa Blanca, a coffee plantation resort in Costa Rica
- Finca Sura: Tourism and Organic Farming in Costa Rica
- The Green Gold of the Mayans – Rural tourism in the Mayan Riviera
- Organic chocolate tour in the Amazon rainforest – An Ecuador Adventure
- Community-based Tourism in Nicaragua: An experience infused with the aroma of sustainable coffee