The Chilean Andes & Chiloe Tour
Experience the magic of central and southern Chile as you travel through its charming towns and stunning Andean landscapes to the Pacific. Start your trip in laid-back Valparaiso, before picking up the pace in the capital Santiago. From there you’ll travel south into the Lake District and the Andes, where you’ll hike the beautiful mountain trails around Quinquen and meet the local indigenous communities who live there. Finally, journey on to the Pacific Ocean and discover the unique culture and natural beauty of the island of Chiloe.
- Stroll through the streets and markets of the charming seaside town of Valparaiso
- Find out about Chile’s history and culture in the charismatic capital Santiago
- Stay in the rural community of Quinquen and enjoy delicious meals with the locals
- Hike stunning Andean trails with panoramic views of lakes, forests and mountains
- Visit the colourful island town of Castro with its brightly-painted stilt houses at the water’s edge
- Get to know the unique culture of Chiloe, visiting historic villages and sharing meals with the locals
- Explore Chiloe’s Cucao National Park with its fascinating wildlife and outstanding natural beauty
This is a private tour and you will be accompanied by an English-speaking local guide throughout your time in the south. The price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All tours can be tailor-made to suit your interests and requirements.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 12 days
- Countries visited: Chile
Adventure: Accommodation in hostels (always in a private room) and B&Bs, and sometimes in hammocks, rustic cabins or tents. Internal transport is overland rather than by plane wherever possible.
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Low
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a B&B in Valparaiso, 1 night in a hotel in Santiago, 3 overnight bus journeys (with comfortable reclining seats), 1 night in a B&B in Lonquimay, 1 night in a cabin in Quinquen, 3 nights in a B&B in Chiloe
- Transport: Bus, private car, ferry
- Meals included: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 4 dinners
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
At least 28%
- Bilingual guide: Available in English, French or Spanish
- Extra services:
- Additional information: You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly. No minimum number of passengers required and you will not be travelling with a group of people you do not know. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. Your passport is required at time of booking. For information on visa requirements, immunisations and health formalities please visit the FCO Travel Advice Website (UK citizens) or the US Travel Advice Website (direct links for Chile). Information on money changing in each destination, as well as what it is customary to tip for various services, will be provided. This tour of Chile, like most of our adventures through Latin America, has a low level of physical difficulty and participants can choose to do as much or as little as they like. If you have any concerns or require special arrangements please call or email us to discuss. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, wind and waterproof jacket, warm clothes to layer, warm socks, fleece, hat, gloves, scarf.
- Best time to travel: September - April
- Extra budget recommended: Around £200 / $250 pp to cover meals and all other expenses not included in the itinerary.
- What is included: Welcome reception at the airport. Transfers (some may be shared) and internal flights. Overland transport. Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited. Donation to help in preserving the Amazon rainforest through agro-forestry and education.
- What is not included: Flights from your country of origin. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs.
To start creating your ideal, tailor-made tour to Chile, please complete and send this form. Our Chilean partner will be in touch shortly:
[contact-form-7 id="4226" title="Chile Form - Travolution"]
The Chilean Andes & Chiloe Tour
£ 1,880 GBP
Experience the magic of central and southern Chile as you travel through its charming towns and stunning Andean landscapes to the Pacific. Start your trip in laid-back Valparaiso, before picking up the pace in the capital Santiago. From there you’ll travel south into the Patagonia Lake District and the Andes, where you’ll hike the beautiful mountain trails around Quinquen and meet the local communities who live there. Finally, journey on to the Pacific Ocean and discover the unique culture and natural beauty of the island of Chiloe.