Criollo Colombia Tour
This Colombia tour is quite simply a crash course in the delights, peculiarities and trivialities of Colombian life. So, don’t be surprised if you develop a sudden fascination for magical realism, religion, nature and coffee. Saddle up and take a horseback ride with the locals in Armenia, learn about coffee in the charming town of Salento and play the classic Criollo game of Tejo in Villa Leyva.
- Meet the people of remote Amazon communities and learn about life in the rainforest
- Spot playful pink dolphins, piranhas and other Amazon wildlife species
- Saddle up for a horse ride through the wide open pastures and plantations of Armenia
- Try your hand at coffee farm work, “paisa” style and dose up on the local brew
- Visit an organic farm and find out all about the medicinal plants grown there
- Hike through the foothills of the Andes in the beautiful Chingaza National Park
- Walk the cobblestone streets of Villa de Leyva and watch the world go by in its central plaza
- Learn pottery arts from a local craftsman in a country pueblo (village)
- Get involved down at the farm, shear a sheep and spin some wool, campesino-style
This is a private tour and you will be accompanied by an English-speaking local guide throughout. The price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All tours can be tailor-made to suit your interests and requirements.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 11 days
- Countries visited: Colombia
Medium: Accommodation in B&Bs or 2-star family-run hotels (always in a private room).
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Low
- Accommodation: 3 nights in a hotel in Bogota, 1 night in a hotel in Leticia, 2 nights in community guest houses in the Amazon, 3 nights in a hotel in Armenia, 2 nights in a hotel in Villa de Leyva
- Transport: Internal flights, bus, private car, boat
- Meals included: 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
At least 40%
- Bilingual guide: Available in English, French or Spanish
- Extra services:
- Additional information: You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly. No minimum number of passengers required and you will not be travelling with a group of people you do not know. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. Passport details are required at time of booking. For information on visa requirements and health formalities we recommend you visit the FCO travel advice website or the US Travel Advice Website (direct links to Colombia page). You will need a Yellow Fever vaccination for travel to the Amazon. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, warm clothes to layer, comfortable light cotton shirts with long and short sleeves, comfortable trousers made of cotton or a light synthetic material (bring at least two sets of light clothes which can be washed and dried easily), shorts, rain coat, plastic ziplock bags, plastic bags for your luggage in case of rain.
- Best time to travel: All year round
- Extra budget recommended: Around £300 / $350 pp to cover meals and all other expenses not included in the itinerary.
- What is included: Welcome reception at the airport. Transfers (some may be shared) and internal flights. Overland transport. Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited. Donation to help in preserving the Amazon rainforest through agro-forestry and education.
- What is not included: Flights from your country of origin. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs.
Criollo Colombia Tour
£ 2,020 GBP
The Criollo Experience will take you on a journey through some of Colombia’s most beautiful regions. From the high Andes Mountains to the Amazon Rainforest and cosmopolitan cities full of passionate locals – the diversity of Colombia can be overwhelming. The Criollo Experience connects you directly with the locals and is bursting at the seams with authentic experiences that might just make Colombia your new favourite destination.