Exploring the Mayan World – Mexico Tour
This Mexico tour has been designed for those adventurous travellers who wish to discover the true wealth of the Mayan Riviera. It has the perfect balance to enjoy the wild Mayan nature, admire the beauty of the turquoise colours of the sea, canals, lagoons and cenotes, lie down under the Caribbean sunshine, visit beautiful archaeological sites and learn about the Mayan ancestral culture, from the extraction of organic chewing gum, to agave threading or listening to Mayan storytelling.
- Discover the little known community of Takkbil’Ja, where you will be able to dip into a cenote and a swim in a subterranean river.
- Explore the archaeological site of Cobá, and admire the incredible sunrise in Tulum.
- Navigate an ancient canal that goes through four different ecosystems in Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. You might even see manatees!
- Snorkel in a beautiful open cenote or even better, take a scuba diving excursion, to be amazed by this underwater world.
- Go into the jungle to extract chewing gum from trees, and learn how to make thread from the agave.
- Learn about organic gardening, visit a typical Mayan house and in the evening, listen to Mayan tales.
- Spend 2 wonderful days in Bacalar and its famous “Lagoon of seven colours”. Enjoy kayaking and take a catamaran for a fun day out in the water, to reach a cenote in the lagoon!
- Visit one of the most important jaguar reserves, Calakmul, and its archaeological site.
This is a private tour and you will be accompanied by an English-speaking local guide and driver throughout, in a private vehicle. All activities and excursions in this Mexico tour are private (only for you). The price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All tours can be tailor-made to suit your interests and requirements.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 10 days
- Countries visited: Mexico
Medium: Accommodation in B&Bs or 2-star family-run hotels (always in a private room).
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Low
- Accommodation: 1 night in a hotel in Cancun, 1 night homestay in Nuevo Xcan, 2 nights hotel in Tulum, 2 nights in an ecolodge in Chunhuhub, 2 nights hotel in Bacalar, 1 night hotel in Calakmul.
- Transport: Private car, boat
- Meals included: 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 dinners
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
- Bilingual guide: Available in English or Spanish
- Extra services: -
- Additional information: You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly. No minimum number of passengers required. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. Your passport is required at time of booking. For information on visa requirements, immunisations and health formalities please visit the FCO Travel Advice Website (for UK citizens) and US Travel Advice website (for US citizens). Information on money changing in each destination, as well as what it is customary to tip for various services, will be provided. This tour of Mexico has a low level of physical difficulty and participants can choose to do as much or as little as they like. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, comfortable light cotton shirts with long and short sleeves, comfortable trousers made of cotton or a light synthetic material (bring at least two sets of light clothes which can be washed and dried easily), shorts, rain coat, dry bag /ziplock bags for valuables, and waterproof cover for your luggage in case of rain.
- Best time to travel: November to August
- Extra budget recommended: Food: Around £120 / $150 to cover meals (+ approx. 10% of the bill for tips) and £60 / $75 for snacks.
- What is included: Welcome reception at the airport. Overland transport (in a private car). Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited.
- What is not included: Flights. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs.
Exploring the Mayan World – Mexico Tour
£ 2,195 GBP
This Mexico tour offers the ideal combination of majestic scenery, impressive Mayan culture, exquisite gastronomy, pristine beaches and lush nature. It is for adventurous travellers who want to discover the Mexico that is unknown to many, and is guaranteed to amaze your senses every step of the way. You will have the chance to spend time with indigenous communities, hike along wild jungle trails and swim in cenotes (sinkholes).