Fascinating Shores of Brazil Tour
Embark on a journey of discovery on this North-Eastern Brazil tour, where grand colonial buildings meet some of the finest golden sandy beaches in South America. The people here are warm, the music contagious and the food, absolutely delicious!
- Discover the exciting city of Fortaleza, packed full of Brazilian heritage, cultural flavour and social innovation
- Immerse yourself in local life in several unique and fascinating coastal communities
- Savour delicious, locally-sourced organic produce, and the freshest of fish
- Gain unique insights into some of the leading social projects in the country
- Take stunning walks along red sand dunes, sandy beaches and lofty cliff-tops
- Go raft-sailing in the traditional vessels of the artisan fishermen in Prainha do Canto Verde
- See impressive performances of popular Brazilian music and theatre
- Delight in the unspoiled beaches, sunshine, warm breezes and caipirinhas of Northern Brazil
This is a private tour and you will be accompanied by an English-speaking local guide throughout. The price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All tours can be tailor-made to suit your needs and requirements.
This journey takes you deep into the local culture and heritage of the Nordeste (North-East) of Brazil. It has been designed to offer a perfect balance between cultural exchange and discovery, sight-seeing, outdoor activities and pure relaxation on some of the most stunning beaches in the world.
The tour starts with the spectacular architecture and sights of the city of Fortaleza, where you will also visit innovative, community-led projects that are changing the lives of thousands of Brazilians. You will then go on to explore the many natural wonders and thriving coastal communities of this vast and rich region.
In all of the coastal communities that you will visit, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture, lifestyle and stunning surroundings of the area. Capture a glimpse of daily life, enjoy authentic cultural performances, dine on the local cuisine, compare the different flavours of each locality and enjoy outdoor activities, walks and water-sports in truly spectacular settings.
What makes this tour unique, and indeed truly responsible, is that in each community you will be introduced to ground-breaking and innovative social and community projects that are changing the face of the region and the lives of its inhabitants. Witness for yourself the social and ecological impact of these projects that are opening the door to a sustainable future for the local populations.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 9 days
- Countries visited: Brazil
Adventure: Accommodation in hostels (always in a private room) and B&Bs, and sometimes in hammocks, rustic cabins or tents. Internal transport is overland rather than by plane wherever possible.
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Low
- Accommodation: 2 nights at a hotel in Fortaleza, 2 nights in a pousada (traditional Inn) in Coquerihno, 1 night in a pousada in Tremembé, 1 night in a pousada in Ponta Grossa, 2 nights in a pousada in Prainha do Canto Verde
- Transport: Private car
- Meals included: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
At least 50%
- Bilingual guide: Available in English, French or Spanish
- Extra services:
- Additional information: You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly. No minimum number of passengers required and you will not be travelling with a group of people you do not know. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. Your passport is required at time of booking. For information on visa requirements and health formalities you can visit the FCO travel advice website or the US Travel Advice Website (direct link to Brazil page). Information on money changing in each destination, as well as what it is customary to tip for various services, will be provided. This tour of Brazil, like most of our adventures through Latin America, has a low level of physical difficulty and participants can choose to do as much or as little as they like. If you have any concerns or require special arrangements please call or email us to discuss. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, comfortable light cotton shirts with long and short sleeves, comfortable trousers made of cotton or a light synthetic material (bring at least two sets of light clothes which can be washed and dried easily), shorts, rain coat.
- Best time to travel: All year round
- Extra budget recommended: Around £150 / $200 pp to cover meals and all other expenses not included in the itinerary.
- What is included: Welcome reception at the airport. Transfers (some may be shared) and internal flights. Overland transport. Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited. Donation to help in preserving the Amazon rainforest through agro-forestry and education.
- What is not included: Flights from your country of origin. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs.
Fascinating Shores of Brazil Tour
£ 1,725 GBP
Welcome to North Eastern Brazil where the people are warm, music contagious and the food delicious! This tour starts with a historical and political city tour of Fortaleza. Then travel on to the remote lands of the Tremembé people and the sand dune beaches of the Prainha do Canto Verde where you can try your hand at raft sailing, artisan fishing or just lie in the sun sipping Caipirinhas!