Into the Jungle – Brazilian Amazon Tour
This is one serious adventure, taking you deep into the Amazon Jungle to experience one of the most bio-diverse habitats on the planet. Switch gears completely as you travel from the jungle city of Manaus on a thirty-hour river boat journey up the Rio Negro to a pristine natural reserve. You’ll be staying with the river-dwelling ‘ribeirinho’ people of Xixuau, spending time with the locals, enjoying meals of tropical fruits and fresh line-caught fish, and discovering their way of life. You’ll also see an incredible array of wildlife, from pink river dolphins and sloths to tiny emerald-green tree frogs, brightly-coloured butterflies and armadillos.
- Fly into the remote jungle city of Manaus, which can only be reached by plane or by boat
- Journey down the mighty Rio Negro, one of the biggest tributaries of the Amazon River
- Relax in your hammock and watch iridescent dragonflies zip across the water at sunset
- Canoe through the glassy waters of the flooded forest to see tapir, sloths and alligators
- Dine on line-caught river fish, fresh tropical fruits and delicious Amazonian specialities
- Sunbathe on sandy river beaches and cool off in clear waters and natural river pools
- Learn how the indigenous people track animals and read the signs of the forest
- Take guided forest hikes to see an amazing array of tropical birds and wildlife
- Sleep in hammocks under the forest canopy and awake with the sunrise and the morning chorus
- Spend time fishing, harvesting Brazil nuts and making handicrafts with the locals
This is a private tour (with some shared excursions) and you will be accompanied by local guides throughout. The price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All tours can be tailor-made to suit your interests and requirements. We have some small group departures for this tour, please send an enquiry to find out about dates and prices.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 10 days
- Countries visited: Brazil
Adventure: Accommodation in hostels (always in a private room) and B&Bs, and sometimes in hammocks, rustic cabins or tents. Internal transport is overland rather than by plane wherever possible.
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Medium
- Accommodation: 1 night in a hotel in Manaus, 2 nights on-board the river boat in a cabin or hammock, 6 nights in the jungle lodge (private rooms with shared facilities)
- Transport: River boat, canoe
- Meals included: 9 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
At least 65%
- Bilingual guide: Available in English, French or Spanish
- Extra services:
- Additional information: You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly. No minimum number of passengers required and you will not be travelling with a group of people you do not know. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. Your passport is required at time of booking. For information on visa requirements, immunisations and health formalities please visit the FCO Travel Advice Website (for UK citizens) and US Travel Advice website (for US citizens). You will need a Yellow Fever vaccination for travel to the Amazon. Information on money changing in each destination, as well as what it is customary to tip for various services, will be provided. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, comfortable light cotton shirts with long and short sleeves, comfortable trousers made of cotton or a light synthetic material (bring at least two sets of light clothes which can be washed and dried easily), shorts, rain coat, plastic ziplock bags, plastic bags for your luggage in case of rain.
- Best time to travel: All year round
- Extra budget recommended: Around £100 / $150 pp to cover meals and all other expenses not included in the itinerary.
- What is included: Welcome reception at the airport. Transfers (some may be shared) and internal flights. Overland transport. Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited. Donation to help in preserving the Amazon rainforest through agro-forestry and education.
- What is not included: Flights from your country of origin. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs.
[contact-form-7 id="4231" title="Brazil Form - Travel Local Brazil"]
Into the Jungle – Brazilian Amazon Tour
£ 1,985 GBP
This is one serious adventure, taking you deep into the Amazon Jungle to experience one of the most bio-diverse habitats on the planet. Switch gears completely as you travel from the jungle city of Manaus on a thirty-hour river boat journey down the Rio Negro to a pristine natural reserve. You’ll be staying with the river-dwelling ‘ribeirinho’ people of Xixuau and will discover an incredible array of wildlife, from pink river dolphins and sloths to tiny emerald-green tree frogs, brightly-coloured butterflies and armadillos.