Natural Costa Rica Tour
This Costa Rica tour takes you through the country’s diverse natural wonders, visiting unique ecosystems and rural communities along the way, as you travel through the central and northern regions. You’ll get to know the stunning Monteverde cloud forest, before travelling to the land of volcanoes in Arenal and visiting the breathtaking Rio Celeste.
- Hike through the rich and unexplored Monteverde cloud forest
- Explore the nature-filled trails of the Arenal Volcano National Park
- Relax in natural hot springs and watch an amazing array of wildlife, including monkeys, sloths, tropical birds and butterflies
- Adventure along primary and secondary rainforests to discover a blue river
- Enjoy delicious, traditional meals and the warmth of the rural people
This is a private tour, but you will have guided excursions that can be either private or as part of a small group. From days 8 to 11 you will be accompanied by an English-speaking local guide and driver. The price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All the tours can be tailor-made to suit your interests and requirements.
Costa Rica is a relatively small country, making it easy to criss-cross by car. You’ll have to stop pretty often though, to take in its innumerable natural wonders as you go. On this Costa Rica tour, you will start by visiting San José, the capital city, before moving on to Monteverde Cloud Forest, where you will enjoy exuberant nature and wildlife. Next, you travel to the impressive Arenal Volcano, where you will take lovely hikes, kayak on a lake with great views over the volcano and enjoy its hot springs.From there, you will travel to the nearby Tenorio Volcano National Park, where you will stay in a nice ecolodge and visit the unique Rio Celeste, a naturally blue river! Afterwards, you will be guest to the Juanilama rural community, to enjoy cultural activities while discovering more about the rural lifestyle in Costa Rica. The grand finale is a stunning foodie tour in San José, to discover the best of Costa Rican traditional gastronomy with a modern and contemporary twist. Pura vida!
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 12 days
- Countries visited: Costa Rica
Adventure: Accommodation in hostels (always in a private room) and B&Bs, and sometimes in hammocks, rustic cabins or tents. Internal transport is overland rather than by plane wherever possible.
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Low
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a hotel in San José, 3 nights in a ecolodge in Monteverde, 3 nights in a hotel in Arenal, 1 night in a hotel near Rio Celeste (Tenorio Volcano NP), 2 nights at a homestay at the Juanilama Rural Community (private room and bathroom)
- Transport: Mini-van, private car, boat
- Meals included: 12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
At least 25%
- Bilingual guide: Available in English, French or Spanish
- Extra services:
- Additional information: You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly. No minimum number of passengers required. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. Your passport is required at time of booking. For information on visa requirements, immunisations and health formalities please visit the FCO Travel Advice Website (for UK citizens) and US Travel Advice website (for US citizens). Information on money changing in each destination, as well as what it is customary to tip for various services, will be provided. This tour of Costa Rica has a medium level of physical difficulty and participants can choose to do as much or as little as they like. If you have any concerns or require special arrangements please let us know when sending your travel request. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, comfortable light cotton shirts with long and short sleeves, comfortable trousers made of cotton or a light synthetic material (bring at least two sets of light clothes which can be washed and dried easily), shorts, rain coat, plastic ziplock bags, plastic bags for your luggage in case of rain.
- Best time to travel: Costa Rica has two seasons: Rainy Season (May - November) and Dry Season (December – April). December to April and July to August have very good weather. September to November is a great time to visit the Caribbean Coast.
- Extra budget recommended: Around £150 / $200 pp to cover meals and all other expenses not included in the itinerary.
- What is included: Welcome reception at the airport. Overland transport and transfers (some may be shared). Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited.
- What is not included: Flights from your country of origin. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs. Airport departure tax.
[contact-form-7 id="4223" title="Costa Rica Form - Travel Local Costa Rica"]
Natural Costa Rica Tour
£ 1,610 GBP
This Costa Rica tour takes you through the country’s diverse natural wonders, visiting Monteverde Cloud Forest, the Arenal Volcano and Rio Celeste. You’ll discover unique ecosystems, stunning national parks and rich wildlife. You will also meet the amazing rural people and learn more about their culture and lifestyle.