Sao Paulo, Paraty & Rio de Janeiro Tour
This Brazil tour has been designed as a perfect introduction for those travelling to this incredible country for the first time. You will get to know the spectacular mega-cities of Rio and Sao Paulo and enjoy the country’s legendary beaches and parties. At the same time you will come to understand the social contrasts at the core of Brazilian society, and discover dynamic pockets of social innovation.
- Explore the legendary cities of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo in all their splendour
- Enjoy guided excursions to the dramatic Sugarloaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer
- Stay on Rio’s Ipanema beach, close to the world-famous Copacabana beach
- Take a tour of Morro de Babilonia, one of the first pacified favelas in Rio de Janeiro
- Relax in idyllic Paraty enjoying sun, sea, sandy beaches and caipirinhas!
- Enjoy delicious, local and freshly prepared meals throughout
This is a private tour and you will be accompanied by an English-speaking local guide during all excursions. The price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All tours can be tailor-made to suit your interests and requirements.
This Brazil tour concludes in the amazing Rio de Janeiro, where you will be staying on the beautiful Ipanema, be taken on guided excursions to all the sights and visit Morro da Babilonia, a ‘pacified’ favela of Rio de Janeiro where the inhabitants now manage their own tourism activities.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 9 days
- Countries visited: Brazil
Adventure: Accommodation in hostels (always in a private room) and B&Bs, and sometimes in hammocks, rustic cabins or tents. Internal transport is overland rather than by plane wherever possible.
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Low
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a pousada in Sao Paulo (traditional Brazilian Inn), 3 nights in a pousada in Paraty, 3 nights in a pousada in Rio de Janeiro
- Transport: Shared shuttle, Private car
- Meals included: 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
At least 25%
- Bilingual guide: Available in English, French or Spanish
- Extra services:
You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly.No minimum number of passengers required and you will not be travelling with a group of people you do not know. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. For information on visa requirements and health formalities you can visit the FCO travel advice website or the US Travel Advice Website (direct link to Brazil page). This Brazil tour, like most of our adventures through South America, has a low level of physical difficulty and participants can choose to do as much or as little as they like. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, comfortable light cotton shirts with long and short sleeves, comfortable trousers made of cotton or a light synthetic material (bring at least two sets of light clothes which can be washed and dried easily), shorts, rain coat.
- Best time to travel: All year round
- Extra budget recommended: Around £300 / $350 pp to cover meals and all other expenses not included in the itinerary.
- What is included: Welcome reception at the airport. Transfers (some may be shared) and overland transport. Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited.
- What is not included: Flights. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs.
Sao Paulo, Paraty & Rio de Janeiro Tour
£ 1,095 GBP
Engage with vibrant urban communities and relax on tropical beaches on this Brazil tour to Sao Paulo, Rio and Paraty. After visiting the the fast-paced city of Sao Paulo, you’ll travel to Paraty and the hidden beaches of the Costa Verde. Then, in the amazing Rio de Janeiro, you’ll see all the sights (including the Sugar Loaf and Christ the Redeemer), discover community-led projects and stay on the Ipanema beach, close to Copacabana.