Intrepid Colombia Tour
Including city tours of Bogota and Medellin, this extraordinary Colombia tour has been designed to take you to some of Colombia’s most special places. As well as visiting these thriving urban centres, you’ll also experience life in the Amazon Rainforest and the incredible unspoiled beaches and wildlife of the Pacific Coast.
- Explore the dynamic cities of Bogota and Medellin
- Stay in ecolodges inside the Calanoa Natural Reserve and the Marashá Natural Reserve in the Amazon rainforest
- Trek deep in the Amazon rainforest and discover the mysteries of its indigenous peoples
- Navigate down the Amazon River
- Swim and sunbathe on the unspoiled sandy beaches of the Pacific Coast
- See magnificent whales and the other unique marine wildlife of the Pacific
- Hike through the impressive valleys of the Utria National Park in Chocó
This is a private tour and you will be accompanied by an English-speaking local guide during all excursions, and throughout your time in the Amazon and the Pacific. Price displayed is per person based on two people sharing. All tours can be tailor-made to suit your interests and requirements.
This exploration of Colombia’s rich culture and diverse wildlife takes you on a safe and exciting eco tour from the Pacific coast to the banks of the Amazon River.
On guided city tours you’ll explore the the hidden corners of Bogota, Medellin and Leticia. Between these city stops you’ll delve into the country’s incredible nature reserves enjoying a range of different eco tours. Visit the triple frontier, where Colombia borders Brazil and Peru on the Amazon River, before travelling to the Calanoa Natural Reserve in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest for jungle treks through the flooded forest and lakes, to stay in nature reserve accommodation (ecolodges). Finally, you’ll travel to the Pacific coast for unforgettable whale-watching, snorkelling in Bahia Solano and scenic hikes around the valleys of the Utria National Park.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sumaktra/public_html/wp-content/themes/sumak-new/functions.php on line 455
- Trip duration: 13 days
- Countries visited: Colombia
Adventure: Accommodation in hostels (always in a private room) and B&Bs, and sometimes in hammocks, rustic cabins or tents. Internal transport is overland rather than by plane wherever possible.
Note: this is a guideline; please refer to the tour detailed description for what is and is not included.
- Level of difficulty: Low
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a hotel in Bogota, 4 nights in ecolodges near Leticia, 3 nights in a hotel in Medellin, 3 nights in beach-side cabins in Choco (private rooms with shared facilities)
- Transport: Internal flights, private car, boat
- Meals included: 12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners
Percentage of cost going to local communities:
At least 40%
- Bilingual guide: Available in English, French or Spanish
- Extra services:
- Additional information: You will be greeted at the airport on arrival by a local guide who will take you to your hotel and will be able to answer any questions, make any additional arrangements and generally ensure everything goes smoothly. No minimum number of passengers required and you will not be travelling with a group of people you do not know. Prices quoted are per person and based on at least 2 people travelling. You should expect a cheaper price for bigger groups. Passport details are required at time of booking. For information on visa requirements and health formalities we recommend you visit the FCO travel advice website (for UK citizens) and US Travel Advice website (for US citizens). You will need a Yellow Fever vaccination for travel to the Amazon. What to bring: Travel insurance, passport, binoculars, alarm clock, walking shoes, water bottle, daypack, sun protection, insect repellent, sun glasses and hat, swimwear, flip-flops, torch with extra batteries, comfortable light cotton shirts with long and short sleeves, comfortable trousers made of cotton or a light synthetic material (bring at least two sets of light clothes which can be washed and dried easily), shorts, rain coat, plastic ziplock bags, plastic bags for your luggage in case of rain.
- Best time to travel: All year round
- Extra budget recommended: Around £300 / $350 pp to cover meals and all other expenses not included in the itinerary.
- What is included: Internal flights. Welcome reception at the airport. Transfers (some may be shared). Overland transport. Accommodation. Entrance fees to sites of interest, museums and national parks mentioned in the itinerary. Guided activities and excursions with English speaking guides (some private, some as part of a small group). Meals as stated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner). Contributions to the social projects visited. Donation to help in preserving the Amazon rainforest through agro-forestry and education.
- What is not included: Flights from your country of origin. Optional Activities. Travel insurance. Alcoholic drinks. Additional meals or snacks. Travel within and around each town. Visa fees (if any). Tips. Souvenirs.
Intrepid Colombia Tour
£ 1,920 GBP
From the Pacific coast to the banks of the Amazon, this cultural and natural ecoadventure through Colombia is as diverse as it gets! Explore the cities of Bogota, Medellin, Nuqui and Leticia, visit the triple frontier where Colombia borders Brazil and Peru on the Amazon River, adventure into Calanoa Nature Reserve in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest, where you will stay in beautiful ecolodges. Then travel to the Pacific coast for responsible whale-watching, ecotrekking and snorkelling in Choco.